Friday, October 1, 2010

C is for Cookie (Day 17)

I am writing this during naptime because I know I will not have time later this evening.  The kids had such a wonderful morning.  Like I mentioned in a previous post we made cookies since we are learning about the letter "C".  Boy the kids had a blast.   They loved watching the batch mix in the Kitchen Aid, then rolling it out, then pushing down the cookie cutters.  I have  box of them, so I dug through all 101 of them and found a car, cross, and "c".  We discussed the letter and sounds and baked the cookies.  While they baked we worked on their letter "c" books.  So they colored, cookies baked, I sang, probably a little off tune, but kids don't care. 

After I got the cookies out of the oven they cooled down for a few minutes and of course the taste test.  They were delicious, I probably ate a few more than my share, but that is ok, it was a special treat right?  I think I am going to try to do some sort of baking activity at least every week.  It was a lot of fun and the kids got a kick out of it. 

Now I need to start getting ready for the festival I have a booth in tonight.  Ugh, I have so much to do, and don't know where to begin, probably should get off the computer, which I will do after I post this, gotta get it out of the way though.  I am doing pretty good at keeping up with the daily blogging, 17 down, 348 to go...

Oh yeah, I updated my website by adding some Fall Photo Shoot photos to it, check it out under portfolio then events then fall photo shoot, I know, I know, lots of clicks:  www.sarapricephotography.com

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog you have here. Stopping by from MBC. Following you now.

    Kristin
    http://www.Kristinsreview.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics! i love your blog. I found you on MBC and i'm following you now.

    http://www.diapercakesbylatersa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete