Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Patch (day 26)

Fall, let me say, I am a summer person, but if fall keeps this weather up, I might just have to change sides.  It has been wonderful lately.  Highs in the 80s lows in the 50s, and blue skys that go on forever.  Today we took the girls to their first pumpkin patch, not what I expected, but not too bad. 

We decide to venture out around noon so that the youngest takes a nice nap, and my oldest maybe falls asleep in the car since I have a fear she will get carsick, and I have to say, I hate dealing with it.  So, 11:30, I start getting reading, I must have been kidding myself to think that we would be ready to go by noon, more like 12:30, but not too bad.  I pack up the girls, get the camera, which I thought had a full battery, well actually it did, but somehow was left on in a mode that pretty much drained it on the ride over there. 

We are not sure how to get there, but lucky us our phone showed us the way and we make it to the patch in one piece, no arguing over directions, no puking, no crying, actually a great trip.  We pay our way and go to the pumpkins, the youngest immediately picks one up and pounds it to the ground like a football.  That's exactly what she thought it was, a ball.  She never keeps a pumpkin in her hand longer than a second or two before it is chunked to the ground with a soft thud.  My oldest is frustrated, she wants to go to the swings, which I don't get, she swings pretty much every day here at her house, yet, she wants to swing.  Well, we tempt her with a small her size pumpkin and I capture a few of the memories quickly on my soon to be dead camera.  I take my oldest over to the swings to get her fix, while my husband chases a very active and quickly turning red baby.  Not a sun burn thank goodness, she is hot.  He gives her the water, she chugs, then off she goes, can't tame her, no if and or buts about it. 

We then head over to the hay ride which takes us through a "haunted forest"  if you can call it that.  Little white sheets on scooters, big overly fake spiders, and who knows what.  You can tell it was put together very quickly and without much thought, it was pretty laughable.

We get off on one spot, but find it to be boring so we wait for the ride to pick us up, take us back to our drop off and decide my baby is too hot, and the kids are now becoming quite bored.  I really thought it would be a little bit more than it was, but it wasn't too bad, and it was probably enough stimulation for a 1 and 3 year old.







1 comment:

  1. oh no I'm sorry it wasn't as fun! Which patch did you all go to?! We went to the Tree Farm in Elgin and it was a bust last year, but that is to be expected since Ethan was like only 4 months old! But hey the PICTURES turned out great even though you had little battery left :o)

    ReplyDelete