Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving, shopping, and birthdays! (Day 62)

Thanksgiving, the beginning of my favorite time of year.  Get togethers, family, fun, food, birthdays, and shopping.  My family kicked it off right, with Thanksgiving at my dad's house.  The girls had a great time with my brothers and sister in laws and of course their oh so fun cousins.  We then made the small trek to my best friend's house to get ready for Black Friday.

My husband and I knew we wanted to get the girls a trampoline for Christmas, but we were kinda scared of the pricetag.  Luckily, their were some great sales, so we staked our claim and were victorious.  We were able to purchase one (barely) and get some other great goodies.  I was able to strike off some of my names from the Christmas list!  Yay! We also made it through the night and had a lot of fun.

Friday, we went to my mom's house for yet another Turkey Day Feast, and boy was it ever.   I don't think I have ever eaten so much in my life, but it was wonderful.  We again got to hang out with family and make more great memories. 

I also turned 30 yesterday.  Yes, I have been dreading that number, and even though I know it really isn't that big of a deal, it is a little strange to think that I am now in my 30s!!  We didn't really do anything big for it, but apparently there will be some festivities next weekend.  I can't wait.

So today was our last day in my hometown, and we spent it celebrating my best friend's daughter's birthday.  Crazy huh, we have the same birthday.  It was great!  The girls had a great time, we celebrated and not too many tears were shed.  We drove home after and am not ready to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment