Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stuff (day 64)

Yeah, I know, it's been a long time.  I need to spend more time writing, but life gets in the way, and not   necessarily bad, just life.  Let's see, what has happened since the last time I have lifted my fingers and shared some of my life.
I went out, yep, that's right, I went out for my thirtieth birthday.  And I'm not just talking about going to a movie or out to eat, I actually went out bar hopping, well does it count that we only made it to two bars?  We did stay up way past our bedtime, 3 am.  That hasn't happened in a long time.  Fun times were had, a little bit of drinking also took place.  A couple of birthday shots were bought, I didn't have a hang over, I guess I am now able to tell what my limit is.  I was a little anxious about that, I haven't been "out" since 2007 and I was literally 9 months pregnant, so no drinking went on then, and before that was in 2005, my twenty fifth birthday, where I ended up being the designated driver.  Ok, now before you get all "wow, does this girl ever have any fun, loosen up a bit, will you".  I do have fun, I do have an occasional drink, I hang out with friends quite a bit, I am pretty much passing the age of going to bars and getting tore up, don't know what happened drunk.
I did have a great time last week, don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful time, but it is something that I will probably be doing on a yearly basis, not as in college, where it was several times a week.  I have a family to think about, and that is my priority, not partying it up, but it was still a lot of fun.
I want to thank my sweet mom, dearest friends, and wonderful husband who helped set the night up and gave me this wonderful time.  Oh yes, and my husband watched the girls all night long, first time, and with a bum foot, and he did a wonderful job.  The house was still standing when I arrived home...I kid, I kid.  He did great and relieved any apprehension that I previously had on leaving for overnight stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment